Does over-thinking waste your time and drain your energy? Consider clearing the clutter from your mind.
We know what it’s like to have an excellent spring clean-up. Sometimes we need to do this in our mind.
In the same way, we need to spring clean our house, you know, the kitchen, undies, sock or home office drawers or somewhere you ignore? Our minds need the same attention to declutter.
Both our overthinking mind and cluttered home draws drain our energy. How many times do we think about getting around to decluttering the drawers and yet don’t do it? Not acting is a drain of time. We use a lot of mental capacity ignoring the “drawers.”
However, their contents don’t go away!
Is it possible to clear out both overthinking minds and drawers?
Why we want clear minds?
Clutter is something most of us don’t love, and it doesn’t support our ability to use our clear minds for focusing on success.
Maya Angelou defined success in terms of the things we love. Do you truly love who you are, what you do and how you do it? We might like each of these things, but we need clarity to focus on moving forward.
Often our overthinking is based on the way we want things around us to change. We might want to rewrite the past or change the future, but we are not focused on the most potent place; “the present”.
How can we maximise our success?
With crystal clear thinking, we can go out and do what we need to do to change our results. That might be changing the PACE of our life so that we have the capacity and capability to:
- Love ourselves – Create resilience to stop any overthinking which tells us that we are not good enough, broken, not loveable etc
- Love what we do – Perhaps our mind is looking over the fence and considers whether there is a better use for our energy. We might be working too hard because we are overthinking; we need to get everything right and not fail. We might be overthinking about what other people think.
- Like how we do it – we aren’t the person we want to be with our spouse, children, or workmates. We might not feel like we know how to do all the things we want to do.
How can you RESET the PACE of your overthinking?
Would you like to stop overthinking and change the PACE of your life?
We have three tips to RESET your overthinking:
- Allocate yourself an amount of time to clean out those drawers, and while you are doing it, let your mind go wild on your current frustration. When you have finished the physical task, stop your overthinking:
- Make a decision and enact it
- Let it go.
- Join us in our Catalyst RESET Event and take the time to find the reset elements in your life to change your PACE.
- If you want a 1:2:1 Catalyst experience, book time with Sarah or Christine: